Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Happy Birthday Braden!




1 day old



2 days old


1 month old


1 year old


2 years old



3 years old



Today my little baby pumpkin is 4 years old. Seriously 4! They always say that they grow up fast but when you are getting up every two hours to feed, change diapers, and get puked on it doesn't feel like it is going so fast, but it does. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me and I hope one day he understands that. He is so smart and beautiful that he gets mad when I just want to cuddle him. Being a mom is the most rewarding thing I have ever experienced. I guess he was worth the 16 hours of labor :)


As I am writing this heartfelt message, I just had to turn around and yell at my precious little man for "making" a stool and trying to climb up the cabinets....oh motherhood.


Being a mom has its ups and downs but thats life. Over the past 4 years these are some of the things I have discovered:


1. Being puked on isn't so bad after the 3rd time.

2. Getting drool in your mouth is ALWAYS gross

3. It is normal for little boys to "pop" things spontaneously, it doesn't mean anything, you don't turn them on when you change a diaper!

4. I will never ever sleep the same again

5. Toddler poop is the worst

6. Kids are like parrots

7. I think I have the best child in the world (as does every mom)

8. I am constantly worried

9. Tantrums are really funny....when it's other peoples kids throwing them

10. My idea of "going out" now is getting to go to dinner with Jon.....alone

11. Boys constantly have their hands down their pants....its like they found a toy or something

12. A toddlers favorite word is "why" or "no"

13. Braden finds "Time-Out" comical

14. Toddlers have short-term memory and you have to repeat things many times

15. Stretch marks are battle scars.....but I still prefer to hide them


I could go on and on but I won't, those are just a few of the things I have learned throughout the years. I am so proud of my big boy and can only hope that I am molding him into an honest, loving, and respectful person. I love you Bookie Boy :)






































2 comments:

  1. wow look how much he has grown. that's crazy! i love that baby picture with the shades...hilarious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I especially loved #11 and #15

    This was so well written. Your little boy reminds me so much of you. What a sweet mama you are!

    ReplyDelete