Today is the second day in my I'm quitting smoking journey. I have decided to quit for a few reasons.
- I want to live a long time
- I hate smoking outside in the summer with the bugs!
- I want to set a good example for Braden
- It smells yucky!
- my blood pressure decreased
- my pulse rate dropped
- and my body temperature went up
8 hours after my last cigarette:
- Carbon monoxide levels in the blood return to normal
- Oxygen levels in blood return to normal
24 hours after my last cigarette:
- chance of heart attack decreases (scary!)
48 hours after my last cigarette (and where I currently am):
- Nerve endings start regrowing (what??)
- Ability to smell and taste is enhanced (great not I'll be hungry more)
- Shortness of breath decreases
So it is nice to know there are some benefits since we are a world of "get immediate results"
Now if I could just find a diet or a magic pill to make weight fall off IMMEDIATELY!