Friday, December 18, 2009

Cash strapped for Christmas?




This year with the dreaded economy (ugh I am so sick of that word this year) Jon and I decided we weren't going to exchange gifts. Aside from the fact that it can be expensive it also adds that much more stress of finding the perfect gift(s). I was sitting and thinking about it one night and came up with something that could be both fun and inexpensive at the same time. I came up with an idea to try and find the worst possible gifts with a ten dollar budget. Where is the best place to go for something like that, and where can you get the worst bang for your buck? Any 99 cent or dollar store. Those stores often have some of the most random things. We decided to buy ten items, or ten dollars worth whatever came first (yes you can get things there for LESS than $1). I can't say what I bought Jon since it isn't Christmas yet but I have to say that it was probably the most enjoyable Christmas shopping experience I have ever had. I laughed the entire time! So if you are having a hard time this year and decided not to exchange gifts try something like we did. Now we each have at least 10 things to open on Christmas morning and will enjoy doing it :)

1 comment:

  1. LOL, this is way cute!!! My family did that a couple of years ago and it really was so fun to see what crazy ass gift you got. LOL, sooo cute. I'm so doing this, this year, because let me tell ya, I AM BROKE LIKE NO JOKE! Plus it should help put big smiles on everyones face.

    ReplyDelete