Tuesday, May 11, 2010

6 week update...just a few days late




I seriously can't believe it has already been 6 weeks since I had Brody. That may not sound like a lot of time to some people but when you are only getting a handful of hours of sleep a night getting through one day is a blessing. Brody is a good baby (and getting CHUNKY) I just can't wait for him to sleep through the night. He has become a little more fussy the past week or so but it isn't anything too crazy. He is so far an easier baby than Braden was. Braden had a lot of colic and would just cry and cry and cry, it was horrible, but so far Brody only cries when he is hungry. When he is not crying because he is hungry he is either sleeping or hanging out. It is so fun to watch him grow everyday. He just started smiling (which I have NOT caught on camera yet)and seems much more alert. I will sound stupid to those of you who don't have kids but the best feeling you will have as a parent is the first time your baby smiles at you. It makes the sleepless nights, being peed and puked on, and not showering in a few day totally worth it.

My 6 week check up at the doc was good. She put me on some baby preventers and told me everything looked good from my c-section so I pretty much have the green light to have another one! A few days after my check up I started getting the chills, shakes, and aches. I thought I was coming down with the flu and it was horrible. I mentioned some of the symptoms to my expecting club and a few of them told me to call the doc. I did call her and it turns out I had an infection in my boob from breastfeeding...oh yaaay. Lucky me, but it is ok now I am on antibiotics and feel great.

I also feel more connected to Brody lately. In the beginning I feel as though I was going through a small version of the baby blues. Not depressed just a little disconnected. I didn't have a huge want to hold him and to even be around him that much. It was a weird feeling that I hadn't experienced with Braden. I think I have just been so overwhelmed with everything. New baby, big baby, husband, still no work, bills.....well you get it. Finally I realized just how lucky I am to have a healthy baby. A few girls in my expecting club unfortunately lost their babies and it hit me hard. Every time I would start to complain about having to get up in the middle of the night, or not want to hold him, or be frustrated that I was peed on AGAIN I realized how shitty I sounded. There are women out there who would give anything in the world to have to get up at 3am to feed their babies but cant. I am lucky enough to have this beautiful healthy baby and I am complaining? Shame on me. The bottom line is that those feeling towards Brody have changed completely and I love him more everyday.

I am also trying to curb my "pessimistic" ways and be more of an "optimist" but anyone who knows me knows I am not the most positive person. I have come to realize that there are worse things in life than not being able to pay your bills. For the time being Jon and I have each other and two beautiful healthy kids. We will roll with whatever we are dealt. We can handle it, we always have before.

Oh and one more thing....I have stated back up at the gym but that is an entirely different post!

1 comment:

  1. Aw Brittnay sounds like you are doing an amazing job! I miss you friend :(

    ReplyDelete